Our Hummus Spice Blend makes creating this signature dish of the Middle East quick and easy. Hummus has gained widespread popularity in the U.S. as a flavorful dip for vegetables and flatbreads. Hummus can easily be made at home by simply adding 1 can chickpeas, 2-3 tbsp. hummus blend, quarter cup olive oil and 1-2 tsp. fresh lemon juice to food processor and processing until smooth. For true authenticity add 2 tbsp. tahini paste.
NET WT 2.4 oz (68g)
Ingredients : Garlic, Cumin, Sea Salt, Lemon, Citric Acid, Cayenne , Parsley, Olive Oil, Yeast.
The number of variations of hummus is only limited by your imagination. You can add these to the basic hummus recipe above.
• Artichoke Hummus: Add 1 (14 oz) can of artichoke hearts, drained.
• Avocado Hummus: Peel 1 large avocado and add to recipe. Baba Ghanoush (Eggplant) Hummus: Preheat oven to 375°. Pierce 1 large eggplant several times with a fork (if you don’t pierce the eggplant skin, it will explode in the oven). Place eggplant on a baking sheet and bake at 375° for 30 minutes or until tender. Cool and peel; discard skin. Combine the eggplant with 1 tablespoon chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley, and 1/4 cup brine-cured olives (such as kalamata), drained. Add to recipe.
• Creamy Yogurt Hummus: Omit tahini and increase lemon juice to 1/2 cup. Add 2/3 cup plain non-fat yogurt.
• Curried Hummus: Add 1 tablespoon curry powder.
• Garlic Lover’s Hummus: Use 6 cloves of garlic. If you are feeling adventurous, try 1 head of roasted garlic for a wonderful, nutty flavor.
• Jalapeno & Cilantro Hummus: Add 2 jalapeños, seeded and cored and 1/2 cup packed fresh cilantro.
• Lime-Chipotle Hummus: Omit cayenne pepper and ground cumin, Replace lemon juice with fresh lime juice. Add 1 tablespoon chipotle spice.
• Mediterranean Sun-Dried Tomato & Basil Hummus: Add 1/2 cup chopped sun-dried tomatoes, 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil leaves, and 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese.
• Roasted Red Pepper Hummus: Add 1 (4 ounce) jar roasted red peppers, drained.
• Spicy Black Bean Hummus: Replace chickpeas with the same amount of black beans, heated. Add 1 small jalapeño pepper, chopped. Works well with all different kinds of beans.